SPD received 2 Star, 2 Gold and 28 Silver awards at the Singapore Health Quality Service Awards (SHQSA) ceremony, held at the University Cultural Centre on 14 January.
SPD is proud to receive 32 awards this year, which is more than double the number last year, and also the highest number received since 2017. This is also the first time we received Star Awards, in addition to Gold and Silver awards.
Lim Poh Poh, Social Worker, a third year awardee, received the Star award this year. Poh Poh is a dedicated social worker who puts the welfare and wellbeing of the clients at Day Activity Centre (DAC) as her top priority. She is always patient and resourceful in supporting the care needs and concerns of her clients and their caregivers. “This award would not have been possible without the DAC team and I would like to thank them for their support over the years. At DAC, we believe in the spirit of ‘going the extra mile’ and everyone in the DAC Team contributes towards that. I am so happy that we have two other team members who are also recipients of the SHSQA this year. This is a testament of our commitment towards providing quality person-centred care at our DAC,” shared Poh Poh.
As for Gold award recipient, Administrative Executive Eric Hong, whenever there are facilities and maintenance situations like a power trip, he will always be the first person to respond and assess the situation, and work towards minimal disruption to the centre’s operations. Eric is committed to his job and often puts in extra hours to ensure that the building facilities are running smoothly and colleagues get to work in a safe and conducive office environment. “I am very grateful and honoured to receive the Gold award. While working with colleagues from different programmes, I have gained insights to the operations, which helps in what I do. I appreciate colleagues’ recognition of my hard work and I look forward to working with them in the years to come,” said Eric.
First-time Silver awardee, Procurement Administrative Executive Kelvin Ang, was complimented for being helpful and patient in guiding and explaining procurement procedures to colleagues. He is also always willing to lend a listening ear to them when they have feedback or encounter issues during procurement of products and services. Kelvin is glad to be of help to fellow colleagues. “I am very happy to receive the service quality award and will continue to put in my best effort in fulfilling my role,” said Kelvin.
Chief executive officer, Mr Abhimanyau Pal, is glad that our colleagues are leading by example in inculcating a people-centric organisational culture. “Winning the award requires much dedication and effort on your part to go the extra mile to deliver your best to your clients and their family, to your colleagues and those who make our work possible. I really appreciate this commendable spirit,” he said.
Congratulations to our 32 colleagues for their excellent service!
- Alice Hue, Senior Volunteer Management Executive
- Lim Poh Poh, Social Worker
- Lena Ang, Administrative Executive
- Eric Hong, Administrative Executive
- Kelvin Ang, Procurement Administrative Coordinator
- Philip Ang, Senior Finance Executive
- Chan Pang Hong, Lead HR Executive
- Chang Yingzi, Administrative Coordinator
- Sharon Chen, Adults & Elderly Services Senior Manager
- Debbie Chow, Therapy Hub Assistant Director
- Christie Chua, Procurement Manager
- Furzanne Binte Humsin, Senior Day Activity Centre Training Officer
- Guo Rui Min, Registered Nurse
- Cally Gwee, Adult & Elderly Services Administrative Executive
- Colin Kee, Senior IT Executive
- Khoo Khee Ling, Volunteer Management Manager
- Geraldine Lai, Communications and Outreach Assistant Director
- Bernadette Lee, Case Management Executive
- Catherine Lim, Accountant
- Rena Lim, Day Activity Centre Training Officer
- Lim Wah Teck, IT Executive
- Rachel Loh, Sheltered Workshop Senior Programme Development Executive
- Ramu Thamodharan, Senior Physiotherapist
- Rapisura Ronnel Cruz, Senior Workshop Supervisor
- Robin Mah, Senior Administration Manager
- Richard Ng, Sheltered Workshop Administrative Assistant
- Siti Zuraina Binte Mohamed Ramlan, Children Services Administrative Assistant
- Ivan Tan, Specialised Assistive Technology Centre Senior Manager
- Tay Hwee Lin, Senior Therapy Hub Manager
- Tay Soong Kiang, Corporate Services Director
- June Yeo, Adult & Elderly Services Administrative Coordinator
- Eric Yeong, Resource Development Manager
Since 2011, the Singapore Health Quality Service Awards celebrate and give recognition to the efforts of healthcare professionals in improving patient experience. This year, 4,295 winners from 43 public and private healthcare institutions received the award.