Privacy Statement for SPD’s Beneficiaries, Donors/Volunteers and Customers
This Privacy Statement relates to personal data collected, used and disclosed ("processed") by SPD and its satellite centres, referred to in this statement as "SPD" or "we".
Personal Data in this Privacy Statement includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data such as your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, address, email address and any other information relating to individuals, which you have provided to us.
Purposes for Which We Process Your Personal Data
The purposes (“purposes”) for which SPD processes personal data include the following as may be applicable to you:
- process, administer, facilitate, maintain and/or manage your relationship with SPD as a member, volunteer, programme participant, beneficiary, customer and/or donor;
- provide you with the services you have requested and maintaining our relationship with you;
- operational purposes including assessing your suitability for subsidies, grants, programmes and services, and statistical analysis;
- provide you with materials on SPD’s activities, products, programmes and services and/or those of third parties with whom SPD may collaborate;
- solicitations and other communications pertaining to needs and donations and sale of products and services;
- supporting, dealing with and/or administering your health, medical and welfare requirements;
- identity verification, sanctions screening and due diligence checks as may be required under applicable law, regulation or directive;
- conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products, programmes, services and operations;
- to comply with law or regulation, including requests from local or foreign regulators, government, tax or law enforcement authorities;
- for the prevention and detection of crime (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism and fraud prevention, detection and prosecution);
- to seek professional advice, including, in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- for marketing purposes;
- for surveillance of premises.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect personal data in the following ways:
- when you submit any forms, including but not limited to application and declaration forms;
- When you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our services, make a donation or purchase any of our products;
- When you interact with our staff, including customer service officers, marketing representatives and agents, for example, via telephone calls, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and email;
- When you use our services provided through online and other technology platforms, such as websites, intranet and apps, including when you establish any online accounts with us;
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events hosted by us;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents and other service providers;
- When you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or CVs in connection with any purpose;
- When we receive your Personal Data from collaborating entities, business entities, public agencies, your employer and other third parties;
- When you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our websites or use services on our websites;
- When we seek information from third parties about you in connection with your relationship with us, including job applications or application to be a representative, for example, from your ex-employer and the relevant authorities;
- When you register for our events or promotions, purchases a product or service; and/or
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
Please note the following:
- If you provide to us Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes listed above.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data (whether that of your own or of a third party) submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you (or such third party) with products and services you (or such third party) have requested.
- You should update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
- If you do not wish the cookies in our website to collect information about you (for example, store your preferences and record session information), you can adjust settings on your browser so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, by doing so, you may not be able to see certain functions or enter part(s) of our websites.
To Whom We May Disclose Your Personal Data
SPD will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against un-authorised disclosure. Subject to any applicable law, we may disclose Personal Data for any of the purposes specified above to:
- any officer, employee, agent or director of SPD, professional advisers, collaborating entities, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to support SPD’s programmes and services,and operations, under a duty of confidentiality to SPD;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by law, regulation or any other applicable instrument;
- any court, tribunal, regulator (including national and/or international regulator), enforcement agency, exchange body, tax or other authority where we are required to do so by applicable law and/or regulation; any authority or regulator; any directive, order or request of any authority or regulator; or any agreement with a regulator or an authority;
- relevant government authorities, ministries, statutory boards and agencies;
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to.
You may in writing withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Privacy Statement by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent to any or all of the purposes, SPD may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you or to your family members. SPD has the right to consider your withdrawal a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with us, and a breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, as the case may be.
Personal data may be transferred to, or stored at, a location outside of Singapore.
The security of your personal data is important to us. SPD will put in place with the necessary technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data as required by the law.
We retain personal data in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
If we were already in possession of your personal data prior to 2 July 2014, we may have been using your personal data to provide information of SPD’s services and appeals for support in SPD activities and donation drives, sale and promotion of products.
As a customer of SPD you have the opportunity to make marketing choices. Please inform us accordingly by emailing to email@example.com
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data processed in relation to you and to request that any inaccurate data be corrected. If you wish to exercise this right, please call the staff listed below at Tel: 6579 0700 or send a request by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. SPD is allowed by law to charge you a fee for a copy of your personal data.
You can contact the following staff in-charge at Tel: 6579 0700.
||Khoo Kee Ling
||Helen Tay/Alice Hue
||Loi Boon Lee
The Data Privacy Officer
2 Peng Nguan Street
SPD Ability Centre
Updates to This Privacy Statement
SPD reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on our website or at our branches or via other suitable methods.
Issue Date: 30 JUNE 2014