Rules and Regulations | SPD - Singapore
RULES & REGULATIONS
- The SPD Ability Walk 2018 (“the Event” or “the Walk”) is a charity walk organised by SPD (“SPD” or the “Organiser”) and shall be held at the Singapore River on Sunday, 2 September 2018.
- Registration is deemed complete when payment is successfully made and accompanied by a duly completed registration form.
- Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
- Completion of the registration form represents the Participant’s agreement to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the SPD Ability Walk 2018.
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any submission after the closing date will not be entertained.
- Upon successful registration and payment received from the Participant, each Participant will be entitled to receive an exclusive event t-shirt. SPD will notify all Participants of the collection details by e-mail closer to the date of the Event. The details will also be posted on the event microsite at http://www.spd.org.sg/fundraising/fundraising_home.html.
- Participants must be 5 years old and above. Participants below 12 years old must be accompanied for the Walk and be registered by their parent(s)/an adult.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse registration/entry without assigning any reason or giving notice.
- Whilst the Organiser will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the Participant’s safety, participants take part in the SPD Ability Walk 2018 at their own risk and the Organiser will not, to the fullest extent permitted by law, be responsible or held liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, sustained or suffered, howsoever arising and whether before, during or after the Walk.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice, in which case the Organiser will make reasonable efforts to inform the Participant of the cancellation or postponement prior to the date of the Event. If the Event is cancelled, no refund shall be made and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- It is the responsibility of participants to certify themselves fit for the Event. A Participant must retire from the Walk immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, the Walk director, marshal and/or other designated officials. The Participant shall not hold the Organiser responsible or liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, sustained or suffered as a result of his participation in the Walk.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the route as if deems fit for the safety of the Participant(s) and/or to avoid any hazards along the route and may do so at any time without prior notice to the Participant(s). In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered as a result of such changes.
- Bicycles, in-line skates, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, personal mobility devices and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the route or walking course other than wheelchairs and mobility devices for persons with disabilities, official Walk and medical vehicles.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), voice/video recording or any other media recording of the Event in SPD’s promotional and communication materials disseminated through various channels and platforms for the purpose of publicity, marketing and distribution to sponsors or third party media entities. These may be in the form of newsletters, annual reports, corporate website and social media.
- All information, personal or otherwise, provided by the participants shall only be used by the Organiser and for the purposes of:
- Processing the participants’ participation in the Event.
- Sending the participants information, news and any other form of communication relating to SPD’s programmes, services and events.
- By signing up for the Event and providing any information, personal or otherwise, the Participant is deemed to have given permission to SPD to use such information as stated above.
- All personal data provided by the participants shall only be used by the Organiser and for the purposes of sending communication materials to the participants.
- By signing up for the Event and providing any information, personal or otherwise, the Participant is deemed to have given permission to SPD to use such information for marketing, statistical and planning purposes.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of the Rules and Regulations from time to time as the Organiser deems fit without prior notice. The Organiser shall be the sole authority to interpret the Rules and Regulations and may take into account the interest of all affected participants. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the Event and the Rules and Regulations shall be final.
- The closing date for registration is on 13 August 2018 or upon the Event reaching its targeted capacity, whichever is the earlier. Any extension of registration deadline will be announced and communicated via the SPD website, Facebook and Instagram.
Sign up now!